The foundation of our efforts is to provide a wide range of care designed to maintain and enhance the health, well-being and dignity of all Jewish people within existing resources and, and in accordance with principles of Tzedakah and Tikkun Olam.
Jewish Care Cape is an umbrella body for the 7 member organisations that deliver social services to the Jewish community in the Western Cape. Our mission reflects a desire by all persons involved in social service delivery to shift away from simply providing welfare, to a model that emphasises the systematic and organised assessment and provision of caring social services to the Jewish community of the Western Cape.
The JCC is committed to:
- Supporting vulnerable members of the Jewish community by providing social services to all who need
- Striving to reach and maintain the highest levels of professional standards, social work principles and ethics
- Offering programming and services within a structure of caring, confidentiality and respect for human dignity
- Actively supporting professionals in their designated tasks by providing support for clinical and emotional supervision, and by providing for the reasonable material needs of the professionals on duty
- Valuing and encouraging the collaborative efforts of all staff, volunteers and supporters
- creating programming, which reflects the changing needs of the populations they serve.
To actively and accurately inform the Jewish community of the Western Cape of the functions, activities, objectives and operations of the JCC members
To advocate for and advance the interests of JCC members including without limitation facilitating the building of open and informed relationships with the Jewish community
To create opportunities for involvement by members of the Jewish community including without limitation volunteering, training and offering of services to JCC members
To provide a forum where the JCC members can explore, discuss and seek solutions to issues and challenges which are of relevance to them
To seek cost savings by establishing the most efficient way to optimise administrative and related activities whilst balancing the needs of social service delivery and individual member autonomy
To seek collaborative efforts with other individuals, groups and community agencies and resources to ensure continuing identification sand provision of needs and services to the Jewish community of the Western Cape
To set the standards, in a professional and efficient manner, for all human resource staffing and benefit issues for all agencies according to a consistent and fair policy based on negotiations, consensus and respect
To do anything necessary to achieve or in furtherance of, the above objects